Graphic Design Intern Apply now
About the job
Create visual concepts for the Masaya Co marketing team, following the company’s brand guidelines to support sales and spread brand awareness.
Reports to Marketing Director.
About Masaya Co
Masaya Co is a Nicaraguan furniture company that handcrafts furniture pieces from wood grown in our reforestation projects. We strive to make a difference with our sustainable “Seed to Seat” model, which vertically integrates our reforestation forestry practices with our finished products, becoming a responsible alternative to mass-produced goods. Our team of over 350 Nicaraguan craftsmen and artisans make handcrafted, handwoven furniture that integrate modern and contemporary design with traditional artisan production methods. Today, we have planted over one million trees, and have showrooms in Managua, Nicaragua; San Jose, Costa Rica; Nashville, Tennessee; Panama City, Panama; and soon in Berkeley, California.
As a graphic design intern, you'll be an important part of the Marketing team, working on a range of digital and print projects, such as social media graphics, web graphics, branding, and print marketing materials. The ideal person for this position loves collaborating with others to share ideas and feedback, enjoys ideating, is organized, and has high attention to detail. You are passionate about delivering amazing work that both delights and achieves strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the marketing team to execute campaigns in a timely manner.
- Design materials such as marketing collateral, social media ads and graphics, reels, GIFs, branded items, print materials, and more.
- Assist with video production (shooting, editing).
- Edit images for use on social media and website.
- Adhere to brand standards and guidelines.
- Maintain and archive files and perform regular job file backup.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, or similar area of study or enrolled in a related degree program.
- Proficiency in basic design programs including Adobe Creative Suite and knowledge of video editing software.
- Writing and proofing skills are also required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames.
- Organized, dependable and detail-oriented.
- Team player.
- Quick learner.
- 12-week internship to begin in March (flexible on start and end date)
- Location: Managua, Nicaragua; in-person (flexible on remote work if required)
- Hours: 20 hours per week (flexible)
- Base compensation available
To apply, send your CV and provide samples of your work (portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org|||Nicaragua |||Marketing||||||7zZ_HEk.-fK3wrF2|||INTERN|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false